The Bonnyville Pontiacs of the Alberta Junior Hockey League are seeking an energetic, outgoing person to serve as the team’s new Office and Game Day Coordinator.
The Pontiacs are one of the premiere Junior A hockey teams in Canada, boasting an immense fanbase and great local corporate and community support. We have created the right reputation and “we are doing things right” in Bonnyville and we fully understand that “doing it the right way is an all the time thing.” Our positive credibility in the hockey world is growing and we strive every day to reach new milestones of excellence.
Reporting to the Board, the successful applicant will work with the Sales and Marketing Manager in the development, sale, and management of various advertising and sponsorship opportunities, with additional responsibilities in community relations. The successful applicant will also run the Office (during office hours of 10:00am to 2:00pm) and be responsible for the operation of all game day activities (ticketing, merchandise, concession/liquor sales, promotions and 50/50).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Sales and Marketing Manager to plan, coordinate, and implement various advertising sales strategies, including promotion, pricing, distribution, and product development.
• Work with the Sales and Marketing Manager to design and achieve sales goals and budgets, while modifying and creating new sales inventory.
• Maintain customer database for efficient use in direct and targeted marketing campaigns
• Drive revenue through ticket sales, merchandise, 50/50 sales and other means and ensure enough volunteers to fill all positions.
• Create and maintain relationships with area companies and individuals.
• Foster, coordinate and maintain excellent working relationships with Bonnyville and area community groups, including schools and minor hockey organizations.
• Work with Hockey Operations to coordinate and oversee player appearances in the community.
• Provide excellent customer care and quality service.
• Work with the Sales and Marketing Manager in the creation of game night promotions, giveaways, and the design of team publications.
• Work with the Sales and Marketing Manager to plan, administrate, and oversee team and fundraising events.
• Oversee merchandise and team storefront.
• Assist at games and other special events as required
• Participate and contribute to business operations and Board of Directors meetings
• Provide assistance and support to the General Manager
• Other duties as assigned
• High level of motivation with a desire to succeed
• Initiative and ability to work independently
• Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Competitiveness and commitment to the sports industry
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Written and presentation skills
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and customer database maintenance
• Creativity, innovation, and cooperative attitude
• Bookkeeping knowledge an asset
• Graphic design knowledge an asset
This is a part-time position in the Pontiacs office at the Bonnyville Centennial Centre, requiring both Office hours Monday-to-Friday and non-standard evening and weekend hours on game days and at team events. The Pontiacs thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please forward resumes by email to:
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020