CALGARY, Alberta – Change in this week’s Pointstreak Top 20 Rankings is the norm as there was substantial movement upwards and downwards for many teams, while the competitions stiffens up as the race to the playoffs is in full flight.
In the BCHL, the Penticton Vees continued their strong play, but the Nanaimo Clippers enter the Rankings as an Honourable Mention as they widened their lead in the Island Division of the BCHL.
In the AJHL, the Brooks Bandits, by virtue of their current sixteen-game winning streak, have matched winning percentages with the overall standings leader – the Spruce Grove Saints.
The Battlefords North Stars of the SJHL are increasing their lead over the Melfort Mustangs, while the Portage Terriers remain at the top of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, even as the Steinbach Pistons and the Winkler Flyers continue their winning ways.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the Superior International Junior Hockey League continue to be in first place at the top of the standings, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos, and Cochrane Crunch have been joined by the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners as this quartet of team’s begin to widen their gap on the rest of the pack in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks remain the cream of the crop in the OJHL, while the Ottawa Jr. ’A’ Senators had a tough week and are being chased by the Carleton Place Canadians and Cumberland Grads in the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil of the QJHL continue to stay ahead of the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe, while the Woodstock Slammers have overtaken the top spot in the overall standings in the extremely competitive Maritime Hockey League.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (2)
2. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
3. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
4. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
5. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (5)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (7)
8. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (9)
9. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (11)
10. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (8)
11. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (13)
12. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (12)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (15)
14. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (16)
15. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (10)
16. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (14)
17. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (17)
18. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (19)
19. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (NR)
20. Cumberland Grads (CCHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL), Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Winkler Flyers (MJHL), Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.