Forward Kayden Smith of the Canmore Eagles is the Pizza 73 AJHL Player of the Week following a 10-point (5G, 5A) performance from October 24th-30th.
In three games played last week, the 2002-born Eagle recorded a hat trick and was twice recognized as the Viterra AJHL Star of the Game. On October 26th, the Eagles fell 5-4 in a shootout loss to the Fort McMurray Oil Barons in a game played at Banff, AB. Smith (Calgary, AB) had three assists in the mid-week match.
The weekend brought two victories for Canmore by the way of a 5-3 finish over the Calgary Canucks on October 28th and 5-1 win over the visiting Lloydminster Bobcats on October 30th. Smith scored a hat trick and posted a four-point game in the win versus Calgary to earn his first of two Viterra AJHL Star of the Game awards. He then scored two goals, including the game winner, in a three-point game versus Lloydminster.
In his second full season with the Eagles, Smith is currently tied for tenth in AJHL Scoring with 24 points (9G, 15A) and is second in team scoring.
Sam Court of the Brooks Bandits is the Alberta Ford Dealers AJHL Defensive Player of the Week for a third consecutive week. The first year defenceman recorded nine points (1G, 8A) in three wins for the Bandits.
Court (2004) started the week with a goal and two assists in an 8-3 win over the host Calgary Canucks on October 25th. Sam became the first AJHL player to record a six-point game this season as he assisted on six of nine Bandit goals in a 9-3 victory versus the visiting Drumheller Dragons.
With 29 points (4G, 25A), the University of New Hampshire (NCAA) commit is tied for fifth in AJHL Scoring and leads all AJHL defencemen.
Bandit teammate Hudson Malinoski is the Inter Pipeline AJHL Rookie of the Week after scoring two goals and recording ten points in three games. The 2004-born forward posted three multi-point games and is tied for third overall in AJHL Scoring with 32 points (9G, 23A).
On October 25th, Hudson scored his eighth goal of the season and added two assists to defeat the Calgary Canucks 8-3. The Providence University (NCAA) commit recorded three assists in a 6-1 victory over the Drumheller Dragons in the first game of a home and home series on October 28th. He repeated the performance the following night and added a goal, to record a season-high four-point game as the Bandits defeated the Dragons 9-3. Malinoski (Saskatoon, SK) was rewarded as the Viterra AJHL Star of the Game for his efforts on October 29th.
Pizza 73 AJHL Player of the Week Recipients:
- September 16th-25th, 2022: Brett Meerman, Blackfalds Bulldogs
- September 26th-October 2nd, 2022: Cody Pisarczyk, Spruce Grove Saints
- October 3rd-9th, 2022: Cooper Smyl, Whitecourt Wolverines
- October 10th-16th, 2022: Tyler Wallace, Blackfalds Bulldogs
- October 17th-23rd, 2022: Aiden Fink, Brooks Bandits
- October 24th-30th, 2022: Kayden Smith, Canmore Eagles
Alberta Ford Dealers AJHL Defensive Player of the Week:
- September 16th-25th, 2022: Caleb MacDonald, Whitecourt Wolverines
- September 26th-October 2nd, 2022: Nick Wolfenberg, Okotoks Oilers
- October 3rd-9th, 2022: Tanner Willick, Blackfalds Bulldogs
- October 10th-16th, 2022: Sam Court, Brooks Bandits
- October 17th-23rd, 2022: Sam Court, Brooks Bandits
- October 24th-30th, 2022: Sam Court, Brooks Bandits
Inter Pipeline AJHL Rookie of the Week:
- September 16th-25th, 2022: Ben Aucoin, Lloydminster Bobcats
- September 26th-October 2nd, 2022: Jacob Cossette, Spruce Grove Saints
- October 3rd-9th, 2022: Rhett Dekowny, Canmore Eagles
- October 10th-16th, 2022: Callan Budinger, Sherwood Park Crusaders
- October 17th-23rd, 2022: Nicolas Beaudoin, Bonnyville Pontiacs
- October 24th-30th, 2022: Hudson Malinoski, Brooks Bandits