CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced its latest edition of its Top 20 Rankings Monday and the Brooks Bandits (AJHL) maintain their hold on the No. 1 listing nationally.
Week just a week to go in the Alberta Junior Hockey League’s regular season, Brooks has now won 50 games on the 2021-22 campaign against just five defeats in regulation and a pair of overtime setbacks. They’ll also be the No. 1 seed in the upcoming AJHL playoffs.
Moving to No. 2 in the rankings this week, which are compiled by an independent scouting service, is
Collège Franà§ais de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ).
Topping the table in Quebec Jr. A ranks, Collège Franà§ais enters play this week with a 25-3-1-0 mark.
As winners of 17 consecutive contests, the Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) have jumped a notch to No. 3 in the CJHL.
At 27-3-1-0, Kam River’s last defeat came back on November 17 versus rival Thunder Bay.
Slotted No. 4 overall are the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL).
Summerside is a solid 24-3-1-1 and sits in top spot overall in the 12-team MHL.
Having gone 28-4-1-1 to date, earns the Ottawa Jr. A Senators the No. 5 CJHL listing this week.
As the front-runner of the dozen clubs that comprise the Central Canada Junior League, Ottawa leads the way there in points (58), goals scored (152) and fewest tallies allowed (82).
The following are the latest CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (As of Feb. 21/22)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Collège Franà§ais de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ)(5)
3. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (4)
4. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (2)
5. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (3)
6. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL) (7)
7. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (8)
8. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (10)
9. Estevan Bruins (SJHL) (9)
10. Panthères de St-Jérà´me (LHJAAAQ) (6)
11. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (11)
12. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (12)
13. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (12)
14. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (20)
15. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (17)
16. Pickering Panthers (OJHL) (16)
17. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (HM)
18. North York Rangers (OJHL) (15)
19. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (14)
20. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (HM)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL); Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL); Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL); Milton Menace (OJHL); Hawksbury Hawks (CCHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the season by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/