We’re part of a vibrant, forward-thinking industry that feeds the world. This is something to be proud of and celebrate. We have the opportunity to do that during Canada’s Agriculture Day on February 16.
Canada’s Agriculture Day is a time to come together as an industry to celebrate the business of agriculture and engage in positive dialogue about agriculture and food. It’s a time to showcase all of the amazing things happening in the industry and help consumers draw a closer connection to where their food comes from and the people who produce it.
The theme of the day is “Let’s celebrate the food we love”. And there are many ways to get involved and celebrate the day. Whether you’re interested in participating on social media, taking a personal ag challenge or getting your community involved, there are plenty of ways to share your love of Canadian agriculture and food. You can make it as small or as big as your imagination can make it.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Challenge yourself to make a meal for your family with all Canadian foods.
- Snap a pic of what you’re doing and share it on social media – include hashtags like #CdnAgDay, #IWorkInAg and #FarmLife.
- Host a potluck and encourage your friends to use all Canadian ingredients. Tweet about it with #CdnAgDay as well as hashtags to reach a non-ag audience, like #LoveYourFood and #Foodie.
- Visit AgMoreThanEver.ca and take an agvocate challenge.
- Give back to the community by volunteering at your local food bank or soup kitchen.
- Visit AgDay.ca for more ideas to celebrate Canada’s Agriculture Day and downloadable resources to help you out. Be sure to visit the Events page for a list of activities happening in your community – many ag industry associations, businesses and Ag More Than Ever partners are hosting their own Canada’s Agriculture Day events that are open to the public. It's all about celebrating Canadian agriculture and food in engaging, fun and respectful ways.