Photo – Target Photography:
Centre Ty Readman of the Sherwood Park Crusaders has been named the Canalta Hotels AJHL Player of the Week for the second time in the 2017-2018 season. Readman recorded 6 points (2 goals, 4 assists) in 3 games for the Crusaders during the week of October 16th – 22nd and leads the AJHL Scoring Race with 24 points (9 goals, 15 assists).
Ty Readman (Edmonton, AB) has recorded 7 multi-point games already this season and is scoring an average of 1.6 points per game. The 19 year-old Alternate Captain led his team to a 5-3 victory over the Lloydminster Bobcats on October 18th when he scored the game winning goal and recorded a 3 point night (1 goal, 2 assists). He earned the Viterra Star of the Game Award in a comeback effort on Saturday night versus the Fort McMurray Oil Barons with one goal and one assist in a 5-4 loss. Ty also notched an assist on the Crusaders only goal in a 5-1 loss to Bonnyville on Sunday afternoon.
Ty Readman is a third year veteran of the Sherwood Park Crusaders and has committed to Northern Michigan University for the 2018-2019 season.
The Alberta Ford Dealers AJHL Defensive Player of the Week is goaltender Xavier Potvin of the Whitecourt Wolverines. Potvin won three consecutive games for the Wolverines last week and posted a 1.33 GAA and .957 SV%.
Potvin opened the week with a 3-1 win over the Spruce Grove Saints on October 18th by stopping 26 of 27 shots. He then extended his winning streak to four games with back to back wins over South Division opponents. The Wolverines defeated the Calgary Canucks 2-1 on Saturday night followed by a 4-2 win over the Drumheller Dragons on Sunday. Potvin stopped 89 of 93 shots over the three games to earn a 3-0 record on the week.
The 20 year-old goaltender is third among AJHL netminders with a 2.19 GAA and holds a record of 8-3-3 in his first AJHL season.
Canalta Hotels AJHL Player of the Week Recipients:
• Ty Readman, Sherwood Park Crusaders: September 15-17, 2017
• Jordan Taupert, Drumheller Dragons: September 18-24, 2017
• Kyle Gordon, Okotoks Oilers: September 25 – October 1, 2017
• Colton Young, Canmore Eagles: October 2-8, 2017
• Wil Conley, Fort McMurray Oil Barons: October 9-15, 2017
• Ty Readman, Sherwood Park Crusaders: October 16-22, 2017
Alberta Ford Dealers AJHL Defensive Player of the Week:
• Thomas Davis, Canmore Eagles: September 15-17, 2017
• Dennis Cesana, Brooks Bandits: September 18-24, 2017
• Hunter Virostek, Drumheller Dragons: September 25 – October 1, 2017
• Nolan Kent, Spruce Grove Saints: October 2-8, 2017
• Caiden Kreitz, Calgary Canucks: October 9-15, 2017
• Xavier Potvin, Whitecourt Wolverines: October 16-22, 2017