CALGARY, Alberta – As the Thanksgiving weekend has passed only one team remains unbeaten in the CJHL. The Powassan Voodoos of the NOJHL now have nine straight victories. Parity across the county is certain and any team can win on any given night in the CJHL.
The Penticton Vees continue roll along in the BCHL, while the rest of the teams in British Columbia are struggling to put together any sort of winning streaks of significant length.
The AJHL is also very tight with the Spruce Grove Saints being pursued by the Lloydminster Bobcats, while the Okotoks Oilers have found their game and have moved to the top of the Viterra South Division.
The Melfort Mustangs and Nipawin Hawks are barely edging out the Weyburn Red Wings and Battleford North Stars in the SJHL, while the Portage Terriers and Steinbach Pistons are surging in the MJHL.
The Fort Frances Lakers are on top of the of the standings in the SIJHL, while the unbeaten Powassan Voodoos of the NOJHL remain just ahead of the Soo Thunderbirds in winning percentage.
The Trenton Golden Hawks, the Markham Royals and the Georgetown Raider are the early leaders in the OJHL, while the Carleton Place Canadians and the Smith Falls Bears continue their great starts in the CCHL.
The Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe remain atop the overall standings in the QJHL, while the Dieppe Commandos are being closely pursued by the Summerside Western Capitals and the Truro Bearcats in the MHL.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (3)
2. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
3. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (2)
4. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (6)
5. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (7)
6. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (4)
7. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (7)
8. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (17)
9. Nipawin Hawks (SJHL) (12)
10. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (10)
11. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (16)
12. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (14)
13. Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL) (18)
14. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (NR)
15. Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (9)
16. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (11)
17. Markham Royals (OJHL) HM)
18. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (13)
19. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (NR)
20. Powell River Kings (BCHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL), Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Dryden Ice Dogs (SIJHL), College Francais de Longueuil (QJHL), Summerside Western Capitals (MHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
About the CJHL – The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada. The CJHL represents 131 teams and 3,000 players and has over 2,900 former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America. For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.