The Sherwood Park Crusaders Jr. A Hockey Club is accepting applications for the position of an Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the upcoming 2016-17 Season.
Responsibilities/Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the care and attention of players, injuries, and taping requirements. Is expected to provide an injury report/update to the coaching staff so they are fully aware of player’s injuries on a daily basis.
• Responsible to give the players any medical treatment they may need prior to, during, or after practices/games.
• Has an Emergency Action Plan in place for any major injuries. Provide this to the opposing team, and post up on dressing room doors as reference sheet.
• Responsible for skate sharpening, and equipment care/minor fixes throughout the season.
• Responsible for ordering necessary equipment in the off season dependant on inventory (helmets, visors, gloves, pants, sticks) and providing the Head Coach with a budget sheet.
• Responsible to introduce the players to off ice warm-ups & cool downs. (Practices/Games)
• Assist with organization, execution of the Crusaders Spring, Summer, and Main Camps.
• Ensure player stalls are kept clean & tidy, and they are abiding by team rules/regulations.
• Organize medical binder with current medical forms, personal contact information, and allergies a player may have.
• Keep a log book in trainer’s room and update accordingly with any injuries, doctor/physio appointments set up by the team.
• Keep trainer’s room organized, neat, and clean at all times.
• Is expected to attend all road trips for away games.
• Following Practice & Game Day Routines.
To apply, forward Cover Letter & Resume to:
Adam Manah, Head Coach
Sherwood Park Crusaders Jr. A Hockey Club