The Sherwood Park Crusaders Jr. A Hockey Club is accepting applications for the position of an Athletic Therapist / Equipment Manager for the upcoming 2017-18 Season.
Responsibilities / Duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the care and attention of players, injuries, and taping requirements. Is expected to provide an injury report/update to the coaching staff so they are fully aware of player’s injuries on a daily basis.
- Responsible to give the players any medical treatment they may need prior to, during, or after practices/games.
- Has an Emergency Action Plan in place for any major injuries. Provide this to the opposing team, and post in dressing room as a reference sheet.
- Responsible for skate sharpening, and equipment care / minor fixes throughout the season.
- Responsible for ordering necessary equipment in the off-season dependant on inventory (helmets, visors, gloves, pants, sticks) and providing the Head Coach with a budget.
- Responsible to introduce the players to off ice warm-ups & cool downs. (Practices/Games)
- Assist with organization and execution of the Crusaders Spring, Summer, and Main Camps.
- Ensure player stalls are kept clean and tidy, and they are abiding by team rules/regulations.
- Organize medical binder with current medical forms, personal contact information, and allergies.
- Keep a log book in trainer’s room and update accordingly with any injuries, doctor/physio appointments set up by the team.
- Keep trainer’s room organized and clean at all times.
- Is expected to attend all road trips for away games.
- Following Practice and Game Day Routines.
Closing date: June 30th, 2017
To apply, pleasee forward cover letter and resume to:
Adam Manah, Head Coach, Sherwood Park Crusaders Jr. A Hockey Club