CALGARY, Alberta – Nine Canadian Junior Hockey League alumni were selected out of the twenty candidates for the 2015-16 Senior CLASS Award® in collegiate hockey. Spruce Grove Saints alumnus, David Glen, is among the candidates. Glen joined Penn State after three years (2009-2012) with the Saints.
Candidates are student-athletes that excel both on and off the ice and must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence: community, classroom, character and competition.
An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School ®, the Senior CLASS Award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact as leaders in their communities.
The 20 candidates will be narrowed to 10 finalists in February, and those 10 names will be placed on the official ballot. Ballots will be distributed through a nationwide voting system to media, coaches and fans, who will select one candidate who best exemplifies excellence in the four Cs of community, classroom, character and competition.
The CJHL Alumni are:
- David Glen, Penn State, AJHL
- Ralph Cuddemi, Canisius College, OJHL
- Simon Denis, Ferris State University, BCHL
- Steven Fogarty, University of Notre Dame, BCHL
- Andrew Gladiuk, Bentley University, BCHL
- Luke Juha, Penn State, OJHL/BCHL
- Jamie Phillips, Michigan Tech, OJHL/CCHL/BCHL
- Tyson Spink, Colgate, CCHL
- Tyson Wilson, Robert Morris University, CCHL
The Senior CLASS Award winner will be announced during the 2016 NCAA Men’s Frozen Final Four® in April.