Whitecourt, AB – The Whitecourt Wolverines are proud to announce that 20-year-old forward Kevin Domingue has committed to the University of Ottawa (CIS) beginning in the 2016/2017 season. Domingue, who hails from Laval, Québec, joined the Wolverines in the 2015 off-season after spending the previous year with the Sherbrooke Phoenix (QMJHL).
During his lone season with the Wolverines, Domingue proved to be a model of consistency finishing in the top four of all team offensive statistical categories, registering 20 goals and 37 assists.
Even with the great offensive numbers Domingue produced, his best attribute was his leadership. He anchored the “French Connection” line with a pair of rookies in Frederic Letourneau and Hubert Delisle flanking him. Both players credit Domingue for their individual growth and the success of the line.
Domingue is the second Wolverine alumnus to commit to the University of Ottawa Gee-Gees, following in the footsteps of Mathieu Guertin. The hockey program at the of U of O is coached by Patrick Grandmaitre. He takes over the program and is in charge of rebuilding it after it had been suspended from CIS competition for two seasons due to an off-ice incident in 2014.
The entire Whitecourt Wolverines organization would like to congratulate Kevin and his family on his selection of the University of Ottawa for his college experience and wish him all the best in his academics and athletics.
In the last two years the Whitecourt Wolverines have sent 16 players onto collegiate careers at the CIS, ACAC and NCAA level.
Kevin is the 9th Wolverine on or previously on the 2015-2016 roster to earn a college commitment:
- Taden Rattie – Western Michigan University
- Joseph Nardi – Northern Michigan University
- Justin Young – University of Alaska-Fairbanks
- Brody Valette – Rochester Institute of Technology
- Frederic Letourneau – Bowling Green State University
- Tanner McCorriston – Concordia University of Edmonton
- Erik Pedersen – Michigan Technological University
- Elliott Peterson – University of Saskatchewan
- Kevin Domingue – University of Ottawa