Game 5 South Division Finals: Drumheller Dragons @ Brooks Bandits (Dragons lead 3-1)
The Brooks Bandits kept their playoff hopes alive on Tuesday night with a 3-1 win on the road in Drumheller.
Tonight they will look to do the same as they get set to host the Dragons for game five of the South Finals.
However, the Dragons may have something to say about that as they look to advance the Gas Drive Cup Championship for the first time in their franchise's history.
Michael Fredrick will have to be outstanding once again to keep the series going and send it back to Drumheller.
Despite losing game four of the series, the Dragons don’t have to change much, just keep the pressure on and stay out of the penalty box.
The Bandits are 3-4 (since 2006) at home when facing elimination.
The Dragons are 4-4 (since 2006) on the road when they have a chance of advancing in the playoffs.
Puck drop in Brooks will be at 7:00pm.
By the numbers in the post season:
- Drumheller: Christopher Rauckman 9
- Brooks: Anthony Petruzzeli and Patrick Chore 5
- Drumheller: Trent Ouellette 11
- Brooks: Patrick Lee 8
- Drumheller: Colton Vannucci and Trent Ouellette 15
- Brooks: Brandon Bruce 10
- Drumheller: Devin Buffalo (8-1) 2.41 GAA 0.905 save % Curtis Skip (2-1) 2.43 GAA 0.899 save %
- Brooks: Michael Fredrick (5-3) 2.77 GAA 0.901 save %
By the period Drumheller Brooks
- Scoring 1st 9-0 5-1
- Not scoring 1st 1-2 0-2
- When tied after 1st 0-0 1-0
- When leading after 1st 7-0 3-1
- When trailing after 1st 3-2 1-2
- When tied after 2nd 3-0 0-2
- When leading after 2nd 6-0 5-0
- When trailing after 2nd 1-2 0-1
Story by Chris Colwell