Gas Drive Cup Finals Game #3 preview Spruce Grove @ Drumheller (Saints lead 2-0)
The Drumheller Dragons will enter into game three of the AJHL Gas Drive Cup Finals with their backs against the wall, trailing the Spruce Grove Saints 2-0.
The Saints have had been outstanding on the road this post season (5-1 record) and have a chance tonight to take a strangle hold on the series.
The Dragons have been equally good at home this post season with a 6-1 record.
For the Dragons to win game three they will need to stay out of the penalty box.
Drumheller has handed the Saints 15 power plays in the first two games and Spruce Grove has scored on four of those power plays.
The Saints don’t have to change much of anything in order to win game three.
They looked very impressive in the first two games of the championship series.
The question for the Dragons is can the crowd make a difference and push them back in the series or will the Saints experience allow them to take a 3-0 series lead.
By the Numbers
• Drumheller Christopher Rauckman 10
• Spruce Grove Jarid Hauptman and Carson Samoridny 8
• Drumheller Trent Ouellette 12
• Spruce Grove Cameron Hughes 15
• Drumheller Trent Ouellette 17
• Spruce Grove Cameron Hughes 16
• Drumheller Devin Buffalo (9-3) 2.75 GAA 0.904% Curtis Skip (2-1) 2.94 GAA 0.879%
• Spruce Grove Kenny Cameron (8-4) 2.29 GAA 0.910% Tanner McCorriston (2-2) 2.85 GAA 0.878%
Team Numbers Drumheller Spruce Grove
When scoring first 9-0 7-1-1
When not scoring first 2-4 3-2-2
When tied after first 1-1 3-2-3
When leading after first 7-0 5-0
When trailing after first 3-3 2-1
When tied after second 4-1 3-1
When leading after second 6-0 7-0-1
When trailing after second 1-3 0-2-2