CALGARY, Alberta – Following a great Prospects Game before a full house of fans and scouts in Surrey, B.C., where the East squeaked by the West 3-1, all ten leagues in the CJHL are in now in a full sprint to their respective playoffs as teams jockey for positioning in the standings.
The Penticton Vees remain atop the overall BCHL standings, while the Nanaimo Clippers and the Chilliwack Chiefs hold onto top spots in the Island and Mainland Divisions respectively.
In the AJHL, the Spruce Grove Saints have found their game again, while the Brooks Bandits are facing a stiff challenge to second place overall by the Whitecourt Wolverines and the Lloydminster Bobcats.
The Battlefords North Stars of the SJHL are seeing their lead over the Weyburn Red Wings and the Melfort Mustang narrow, while the Portage Terriers remain at the top of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, as the Steinbach Pistons and the Winkler Flyers continue to push and apply pressure.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the Superior International Junior Hockey League are securing their place at the top of the standings, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos, Cochrane Crunch and the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners are widening the gap on the rest of the pack in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks remain the cream of the crop in the OJHL, and the Kingston Voyageurs have found their winning ways again after several weeks.
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Jr. ’A’ Senators remain on top of the CCHL and are being chased by the Carleton Place Canadians and Cumberland Grads in the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil of the QJHL continue to stay ahead of the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe, while the Woodstock Slammers still hold onto the top spot in the overall standings in the Maritime Hockey League.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (1)
2. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (3)
4. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (4)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
6. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (6)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (7)
8. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (9)
9. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (8)
10. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (11)
11. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (10)
12. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (13)
13. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (12)
14. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (14)
15. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (15)
16. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (HM)
17. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (16)
18. Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (18)
19. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (NR)
20. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Melfort Mustangs (SJHL), Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL), Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL), Les Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.