CALGARY, Alberta – Rosters are now locked following the Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) trade deadline of January 10, and many teams in the Pointstreak Top 20 Weekly Rankings have made moves to strengthen their squads for the push to their respective playoffs, the CJHL Regional Championships and ultimately the RBC Cup in Lloydminster this May.
In the BCHL, the Penticton Vees continue their strong play, but it is clear from recent results that the Chilliwack Chiefs and the Salmon Arm Silverbacks remain convinced of their own worthiness for the BCHL crown.
In the AJHL, the Brooks Bandits, by virtue of their current thirteen-game winning streak, have moved to within five points of the overall standings leader the Spruce Grove Saints, and still hold three games in hand on them.
The Battlefords North Stars of the SJHL have moved two regulation wins ahead of the Melfort Mustangs. The Portage Terriers remain at the top of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, while the Steinbach Pistons are starting separate themselves from the third place Winkler Flyers.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the Superior International Junior Hockey League stumbled slightly this past week, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos, and the Cochrane Crunch continue to dominate in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks are still at the top of the OJHL, while the Ottawa Jr. ’A’ Senators have pulled to within two points with three games in hand, of the first place Carleton Place Canadians in the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil of the QJHL have slipped ahead of the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe, while the Summerside Western Capitals continue to hold onto top spot in the overall standings in the extremely competitive Maritime Hockey League.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (2)
3. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
4. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
5. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (7)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (5)
8. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (9)
9. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (20)
10. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (11)
11. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (13)
12. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (16)
13. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (8)
14. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (19)
15. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (15)
16. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (17)
17. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (12)
18. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (18)
19. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (14)
20. Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL), Dryden Ice Dogs (SIJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Brockville Braves (CCHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.