The Brooks Bandits, four-time champions of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) and hosts of the 2019 National Junior A Championship are seeking candidates for the full-time seasonal position of Equipment Manager.
A successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized and willing to work closely with the team coaching staff to serve the players’ needs. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with personal initiative and a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team on all road games.
The Bandits pride themselves on being a premier Canadian Junior A franchise, providing a top experience for both players and team staff. The team’s facilities at the Centennial Regional Arena are second-to-none in the AJHL, providing staff with everything needed to fulfill their roles effectively and efficiently.
The successful Equipment Manager will fulfill the duties of:
• Attending all games and practices
• Management/Recording and repair of players’ equipment (sticks, gloves, pants, helmets, jerseys)
• Game day and practice setup of dressing room and team equipment
• Maintaining an inventory of hockey supplies within a budget
• Skate sharpening and daily laundry
Previous hockey team experience is a must. This position will require non-standard hours. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted until July 27th or until a suitable candidate is hired. Position is seasonal with a start date of August 16, 2018.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume by email to:
* We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact if we can offer an interview.