CALGARY, Alta. – With less than a week until the two Canadian World Junior A Challenge selection camps get underway, the national picture in the entire 133-team Canadian Junior Hockey League sees some shifting in latest Top 20 Rankings, announced Monday.
Rolling right along and riding a 10-game winning streak, the Brooks Bandits (AJHL) maintain their grasp on the No. 1 spot in the CJHL. The 2019 Canadian National Jr. A Championship-host Bandits are an impressive 24-2 so far this season.
Another surging side, in the Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) have reeled off eight straight victories to improve to 18-1-1 on the campaign and are now slotted No. 2 nationally.
At No. 3, the Oakville Blades (OJHL) are 21-2-1-1 in their league and boast an impressive .880 winning percentage.
Holding firm at No. 4 in the country, les Cobras des Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) have gone 18-3-2 in Quebec while the Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) have a firm lead in the standings in the Maritimes as they reach No. 5 in the CJHL.
The weekly CJHL rankings, compiled by an independent scouting service, use a variety of factors to determine them.
The CJHL Top 20 Rankings (As of Nov. 26)
RK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (3)
3. Oakville Blades (OJHL) (2)
4. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (4)
5. Yarmouth Jr. ‘A’ Mariners (MHL) (8)
6. Brockville Braves (CCHL) (6)
7. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (7)
8. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (12)
9. Swan Valley Stampeders (MJHL) (11)
10. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (10)
11. Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL) (17)
12. North York Rangers (OJHL) (9)
13. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (13)
14. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (14)
15. Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL) (20)
16. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (15)
17. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (19)
18. Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) (5)
19. Amherst Ramblers (MHL) (HM)
20. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL) (HM)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL); Humboldt Broncos (SJHL); Whitby Fury (OJHL), Hawkesbury Hawks (CCHL); Inouk de Granby (LHJAAAQ)