The Marian Sabres are winners of the Harris Cup as NCAA Division III Champions for the first time since 2002 after turning away the Milwaukee School of Engineering 4-1 to complete a championship series sweep on March 20th. The Harris Cup is awarded annually to the NCAA Division III Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA) league playoff champion.
Nine Alberta Junior Hockey League alumni and 22 CJHL alumni were members of the championship squad, including Sophomore Colby Muise (Bonnyville Pontiacs), who made 30 saves on the night and earned the MVP Award for the tournament.
• Colby Muise (G) Bonnyville Pontiacs
• Ty Mosimann (F) Fort McMurray Oil Barons / Lloydminster Bobcats
• Yuri Chernichko (F) Calgary Mustangs
• Salvatore Scalise (D) Calgary Mustangs / Fort McMurray Oil Barons
• Nathan Walker (D) Calgary Mustangs
• Ty Enns (F) Bonnyville Pontiacs
• Blake Kleiner (D) Drumheller Dragons
• Brady Pupp (D) Calgary Mustangs / Bonnyville Pontiacs
• Dawson Schwengler (D) Camrose Kodiaks
Marian has won the NCHA Harris Cup three times in program history now with this being the first time since 2002.
The NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Committee has selected the 16 teams that will be participating in the 2021 NCAA Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship (Frozen Four) on April 8th-10th, 2021. The championship playoff format involves four predetermined regional sites with four teams assigned to each site. The regional winners will be determined in games from March 26-28th and will advance to the Men’s Frozen Four. The entire championship uses a single-elimination format.