The Drayton Valley Thunder of the Alberta Junior Hockey League has an immediate vacancy for the position of Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the 2014-15 season. Preference will be given to Certified Athletic Therapists, Physical Therapists, or to the right person who has the required skills and experience to fulfill the requirements of the job.
The Athletic Therapist / Equipment Manager position is a position within the organization that is responsible for all player injuries, illnesses and general trainer duties. Some of the specific duties that the position includes are below:
• Working with the team staff
• Injury rehabilitation and prevention,
• Documentation of all injuries,
• Communicating all injuries to coaches and management,
• Assisting in strength and conditioning program, including pre and post game sessions
• Dressing room maintenance
• Practice Preparation
• Game preparation,
• Monitoring player nutrition,
• Ordering and inventory of supplies,
• Equipment maintenance, skate sharpening, maintaining inventory of all equipment
• Packing for road trips,
• Comply with all Hockey Canada, AJHL, and Hockey Alberta rules and regulations
The successful candidate must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification, Sports First Responder certificate and possess strong communication skills with experience in the hockey industry. It is essential that the successful candidate understands the hockey environment and is able to handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere. The successful candidate must be a motivated person who has a team first mentality, and have the ability to work within a team environment.
Salary Range & Term
Salary and term are negotiable based on experience.
All interested persons can forward resumes to Mike Mueller Head Coach/GM by email at email@example.com or phone 780.621.1289