CALGARY, Alberta – The Fort McMurray Oil Barons continue to roll through the AJHL, Brooks had a slight slip against the Calgary Canucks, and the Spruce Grove Saints are hitting their stride in a strong week. The Powell River Kings battled hard all week, and the Penticton Vees had a tremendous weekend behind stellar goaltending. And look who has made their way as an Honourable Mention – the Vernon Vipers – host of the 2014 RBC Cup, who are finding their game and rising up the standings fast in the tough BCHL Interior Division.
The Kindersley Klippers are atop the standings in Saskatchewan, and Yorkton is starting to get their game together consistently now. In Manitoba, the Steinbach Pistons are simply unbeatable, while the Selkirk Steelers are battling to stay close to the Pistons. In the Superior International Junior Hockey League, the Fort Frances Lakers proved that they are truly a force with a tough win over the Thunder Bay North Stars. In the NOJHL, the Soo Thunderbirds remain at the top of the standings with a 10 game winning streak.
The Wellington Dukes are holding their ground at the top of the OJHL's East Division, and the OJHL has seen Buffalo and Toronto Lakeshore create space atop their respective divisions. In the CCHL, the Carleton Place Canadiens are holding on top of the standings, but the Cornwall Colts are starting to roll now – as are the Nepean Raiders. With another strong week, expect Nepean to crack the rankings next issue.
The Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) has caught and passed Les Cougars de Sherbrooke. In the MHL, Yarmouth Jr. 'A' Mariners remain atop the overall standings, but watch for Weeks and Dieppe to make an entry into the rankings soon with continued good play.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (1)
2. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (4)
3. Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (10)
4. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (8)
5. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (2)
6. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (HM)
7. Powell River Kings (BCHL) (6)
8. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (12)
9. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (9)
10. Selkirk Steelers (MJHL) (HM)
11. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (HM)
12. Carleton Place Canadiens (CCHL) (17)
13. West Kelowna Warriors (BCHL) (HM)
14. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (HM)
15. Thunder Bay North Stars (NOJHL) (3)
16. Les Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ) (6)
17. Buffalo Jr. Sabres (OJHL) (16)
18. Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) (18)
19. Toronto Lakeshore Patriots (OJHL) (19)
20. Yorkton Terriers (SJHL) (NR)
â??Honourable Mention: Langley Rivermen (BCHL), Vernon Vipers (BCHL), Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL), Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL), Cornwall Colts (CCHL).
About the Top 20 Rankings – The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.