The Camrose Kodiaks are pleased to announce that 20-year-old forward Tyler Skauge (Lethbridge, AB) has committed to attend the University of Lethbridge, of the CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport), for the 2011 – 2012 season.
Skauge joined the Kodiaks for this past year; and finished the season with 17 goals and 11 assists, for 28 points in 49 regular season games. He added 2 goals and 4 assists, for 6 points in 17 games during the 2011 AJHL playoffs.
Skauge will get a chance to play in front of friends and family in his home town when he dons the blades as a University of Lethbridge Pronghorn this fall.
The Kodiaks organization would like to congratulate Tyler and his family. We know that Tyler’s hard work and dedication have certainly paid off for him, and we wish him continued success in his future academic and athletic pursuits.
With the inclusion of this scholarship, the Camrose Kodiaks now have 13 players from the 2010-11 roster who have received a scholarship to a post-secondary institution.
– Ben Gallacher – Ohio State – NCAA
– Brooks Myers – Mount Royal University – ACAC
– Clayton Jardine – Merrimack – NCAA
– Cole Wilson – University of British Columbia – CIS
– Dalyn Flette – Mount Royal University – ACAC
– John Lidgett – Colgate – NCAA
– Jonathan Lashyn – Merrimack – NCAA
– Kenny Bradley – University of Alberta – Augustana Campus – ACAC
– Nolan Kaiser – Alaska Fairbanks – NCAA
– Sam Jardine – Ohio State – NCAA
– Tanner Dion – University of Wisconsin Superior – NCAA
– Tyler Jewitt – Mount Royal University – ACAC
– Tyler Skauge – University of Lethbridge – CIS