Taylor Fraser of the St. Albert Steel is the Source for Sports AJHL Player of the Week for the opening week of 2011. Fraser tallied 4 goals and 10 points in 4 games over the last week and is tied for 8th place in the AJHL Scoring Race with 48 points. Fraser recorded a five point game on January 7th vs. Drumheller and is currently riding a five game point streak. Fraser scored two powerplay goals over the week adding to his season total of 10 powerplay goals.
Fraser is in his 3rd full season with the hometown Steel and has surpassed his previous career high of 27 points in the AJHL Regular Season.
The Alberta Junior Hockey League is proud to partner with Source for Sports to recognize the AJHL Player of the Week for the 2010-2011 AJHL Season. The recipients of the award will also receive a Source for Sports Gift Certificate.
Source for Sports AJHL Player of the Week Recipients:
– January 3rd – January 9th: Taylor Fraser, St. Albert Steel
– December 29th – January 2nd: Dylan Seymour, Fort McMurray Oil Barons
– December 13th – December 19th: Jesse Kallechy, Fort McMurray Oil Barons
– December 6th – December 12th: Cole Cheveldave, Drumheller Dragons
– November 29th – December 5th: Kory Chisholm, Lloydminster Bobcats
– November 22nd – 28th: Bart Moran, Olds Grizzlys
– November 15th – November 21st: Cody Cartier, Canmore Eagles
– November 8th – November 14th: Kyle Reynolds, Okotoks Oilers
– November 1st – November 7th: Brett Switzer, Spruce Grove Saints
– October 25th – October 31st: Tanner Fritz, Grande Prairie Storm
– October 18th – October 24th: Cole Wilson, Camrose Kodiaks
– October 11th – October 17th: Taylor Bourne, Olds Grizzlys
– October 4th – October 10th: Ben Gamache, Okotoks Oilers
– September 27th – October 3rd: Tanner Fritz, Grande Prairie Storm
– September 20th -September 26th: Tyler Henry, Bonnyville Pontiacs
– September 10th – September 19th: Patrick Terriss, Sherwood Park Crusaders