The Alberta Junior Hockey League and Viterra are proud to recognize one volunteer from each member team through the Viterra AJHL Volunteer Profile throughout the 2014-2015 season. At the end of the regular season, one volunteer in both the Viterra AJHL North Division & Viterra AJHL South Division will be presented with the Viterra Salute to Service Award recognizing their service and commitment to the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
- Name: Bob Troup
- AJHL Team: Lloydminster Bobcats
- Role: Timekeeper
- Number of Years Volunteering: 23
- Why I Volunteer: I believe communities are built by the people in them and if we don’t spend time giving back to our community it won’t thrive. I enjoy working with the young men who pass thru our organization and try to make them feel at home while they are here. The parents, board members, fans, sponsors and all the people who support hockey are a joy to work with and I think we all have a great time. It is nice to see years down the road when some young men who passed thru our organization succeed and go on to NHL careers for example; Scott Hartnell, Wade Redden and others from other teams in the AJHL; Clarke Macarthur, Chris Phillips, Scotty Upshall, Mike Comrie. I believe that Jr. ‘A’ hockey is very important to our community from an economic standpoint and as a great affordable form of entertainment.
- Occupation: Fleet Manager at Boundary Ford Sales
- Favorite AJHL Memory: Going to 7 games in the second round of the playoffs against St. Albert. We lost the 7th game in OT which was a disappointment because we had been up in the series 3 games to 0, but our goaltender got hurt in the 4th game and played hurt the whole rest of the series.
- Favorite AJHL Player: Kris Wiebe, Mark Hallam, Kory Chisholm and Fraser Filipic.