The Alberta Junior Hockey League and Viterra are proud to once again recognize volunteers from each member team through the Viterra AJHL Volunteer Profile. At the end of the regular season, one volunteer in both the Viterra AJHL North Division & Viterra AJHL South Division will be presented with the Viterra Salute to Service Award recognizing their service and commitment to the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
- Name: Landon Eggen
- AJHL Team: Lloydminster Bobcats
- Role: Public Address Announcer and Music
- Number of Years Volunteering: A couple of years as stick boy for Brooks Bandits back in the late nineties, and in my eighth year with the Lloydminster Bobcats.
- Why I Volunteer: I have always had a passion for hockey. Being the PA Announcer I try to keep the local fans involved and informed of what is happening during the game. Hopefully it will inspire the players on the team also when they hear their names being announced. I also feel a great satisfaction by giving back to my community by volunteering.
- Occupation: Videographer with Newcap Broadcasting
- Favorite AJHL Memory: I probably have two favorite memories. One would be when Lloydminster was the host city for Scotiabank’s Hockey Day in Canada. I was fortunate to announce at the outdoor Alumni Game and to meet so many celebrities that day. Another favorite memory would be when the Bobcats hosted the 2016 RBC Cup. I was able to share the PA Announcing for all of the games with my Father. What a thrill it was to see our boys reach the final, unfortunately we came up a little short.
- Favorite AJHL Player: Troy Van Tetering