CALGARY, AB – Northern Ontario’s Powassan Voodoos remain the only unbeaten team in the CJHL this week at an impressive 10-0, while several teams across the country have embarked on lengthy winning streaks and are starting to separate themselves in their respective leagues.
The Penticton Vees are on an impressive 12-game winning streak and have seized first place overall in the BCHL, while the Cowichan Valley Capitals have found their game and are just a single point out of first place in the Island Division with two games in hands over the Powell River Kings.
The Spruce Grove Saints have won 14 of their 16 games, but are being hotly pursued by the Lloydminster Bobcats who have a 5-game winning streak, while the Bonnyville Pontiacs who are rolling on a 9-game winning streak.
The Nipawin Hawks of the SJHL have only lost one game in regulation thus far and with a few games in hand and are challenging the Battlefords North Stars and Melfort Mustangs.
The Portage Terriers and Winkler Flyers continue to be the cream of the crop in the MJHL, while the Dryden Ice Dogs have slipped past the Fort Frances Lakers in the Superior International Junior Hockey League.
The story in the NOJHL is Powassan Voodoos and their unbeaten streak are in the mix with several games in hand over the Soo Thunderbirds and Cochrane Crunch in the NOJHL.
Playing in the home rink is a powerful advantage for the Trenton Golden Hawks and Markham Royals who are both unbeaten in their home rinks and are leading the way in the OJHL.
The Carleton Place Canadians and Smiths Falls Bears are atop the standings in the CCHL, while the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe remain atop the overall standings in the QJHL.
Meanwhile the Dieppe Commandos of the MHL have the league’s best winning percentage and have two games at hand on the league leading Woodstock Slammers who are only two points ahead.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (1)
2. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (2)
3. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (5)
4. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (3)
5. Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL) (4)
6. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (7)
7. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (8)
8. Nipawin Hawks (SJHL) (9)
9. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (6)
10. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (12)
11. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (10)
12. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (16)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (NR)
14. Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (15)
15. Cowichan Valley Capitals (BCHL) (NR)
16. Markham Royals (OJHL) (17)
17. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (NR)
18. Dryden Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (HM)
19. Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL) (13)
20. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL), Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL), North York Rangers (OJHL), Mustangs de Vaudreuil-Dorion (QJHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.