The Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) are seeking a new Trainer/Strength Coach and Equipment Manager.
A successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized and willing to work closely with the Team Coaching and/or Medical Staff to serve the players’ needs. The positions require strong organizational and communication skills with personal initiative and a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team on all road games.
The Bandits pride themselves on being a premier Canadian Junior A franchise, providing a top experience for both players and team staff. The team’s facilities at the Centennial Regional Arena are second-to-none in the AJHL, providing staff with everything needed to fulfill their roles effectively and efficiently. The Bandits will also be hosting the 2019 RBC Cup national championship tournament.
The successful Trainer/Strength Coach will fulfill the duties of:
• Attending all games, practices, and work outs
• Working closely with local medical personnel to attend to and assess player injuries, rehabilitation and documentation (As per Hockey Canada Requirements and Standards)
• Injury prevention and physical preparation
• Communication of injuries to coaching staff and appropriate medical personnel
• Maintaining an inventory of medical supplies within a budget
• Running a high-quality strength and conditioning program as approved by the Coaching Staff
The successful Equipment Manager will fulfill the duties of:
• Attending all games and practices
• Management/Recording and repair of players’ equipment (sticks, gloves, pants, helmets, jerseys)
• Game day setup of dressing room and team equipment
• Maintaining an inventory of hockey supplies within a budget
• Skate sharpening and daily laundry
Interested applicants are asked to outline their qualifications for either or both positions in a single application. Athletic Therapist certification, strength and conditioning certification, or equivalent training, as well as previous hockey team experience would all be assets. These positions require non-standard hours. Salary will be based on experience and certification. Applications will be accepted until filling of positions. Positions are seasonal with a start date of August 16, 2017.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume by email to:
* We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact if we can offer an interview.