CALGARY, Alberta – It is just a day away from the 2016 CJHL Top Prospects Game in Surrey, BC, where 40 of the top young players in Canadian Junior ‘A’ will convene for a classic East versus West battle. In the meantime – all ten leagues are in the heat of their respective playoff races, with each league seeing teams catch fire, and some top teams starting to falter slightly as the pressure builds.
In the BCHL, the Penticton Vees remain atop the overall standings while the Nanaimo Clippers enter the Top 20 with their continued strong play.
In the AJHL, Spruce Grove Saints are finding their groove, while the Brooks Bandits had a small stumble against their southern rival – the Camrose Kodiaks.
The Battlefords North Stars of the SJHL are widening their lead over Weyburn Red Wings and the Melfort Mustangs, while the Portage Terriers remain at the top of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, as the Steinbach Pistons and the Winkler Flyers continue their winning ways.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the Superior International Junior Hockey League are securing their place at the top of the standings, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos, Cochrane Crunch and Kirkland Lake Gold Miners are widening the gap on the rest of the pack in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks remain the cream of the crop in the OJHL, and the Georgetown Raiders have zoomed up the standings with great play over the past little while.
Meanwhile, the Ottawa Jr. ’A’ Senators have moved to the top of the CCHL and are now being chased by the Carleton Place Canadians and Cumberland Grads in the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil of the QJHL continue to stay ahead of the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe, while the Woodstock Slammers have overtaken the top spot in the overall standings in the extremely competitive Maritime Hockey League.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (1)
2. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
4. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
6. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (5)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (7)
8. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (10)
9. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (8)
10. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (9)
11. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (11)
12. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (12)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (13)
14. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (14)
15. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (15)
16. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (16)
17. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (18)
18. Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (HM)
19. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (HM)
20. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (19)
Honourable Mention: Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Winkler Flyers (MJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL), Les Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.