Cooper Smyl will play hockey next season for St. Mary’s University of Minnesota. The Cardinals play in the NCAA Division III Conference. The two-year centerman put up 90 points in 117 games for the club. Those numbers put Cooper in the Franchise Top 20 for goals, assists and points.
“Cooper has developed a lot in his time here,” stated Wolverines Head Coach Shawn Martin. “We wish him the best of luck moving forward.”
On behalf of the Wolverines organization, we want to congratulate Cooper and his family on this achievement and thank him for his tenure in Whitecourt.
Cooper is the 9th post-secondary commitment for the Wolverines this season along with:
- Caleb Macdonald (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- Cooper Smyl (St. Mary’s University of Minnesota)
- Tanner Komzak (University of North Dakota)
- Aiden Long (Cornell University)
- Chase Broda (Aurora University)
- Spencer Rheaume (Rochester Institute of Technology)
- Tanner Klimpke (Robert Morris University)
- Braden Keeble (Yale University)
- Carson Ironside (Albertus Magnus College)