TORONTO, ON – The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced Monday its final CJHL Top 20 Rankings for the 2022-23 season, with the Brooks Bandits (AJHL) finishing atop the national listings, which were compiled each week by an independent scouting service.
Brooks wrapped their regular season in Alberta with an AJHL-best record of 53-5-1-1 and will enter the league playoffs as its top seed.
Tabbed No. 2 in the final rankings are the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL).
Battlefords boasts a 45-25-2-1 mark heading into their final three games in Saskatchewan, prior to embarking into the postseason.
Slotted No. 3 to wrap things up were the Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ).
Winners of seven straight outings, Terrebonne tops the table in Quebec, having gone 42-5-0-0 to date.
Then there are Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) at No. 4 overall.
They finished play in the 21-team OJHL over the weekend with a league-best run of 45-5-2-2.
Ending up at No. 5 in the CJHL were the Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL).
Winners of the their division title, the Saints had over 100 points, going 49-7-2-2.
The following are the final CJHL Top 20 Rankings, for the 2022-23 season:
CJHL TOP 20 (Final)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (2)
3. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (4)
4. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (3)
5. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
6. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (6)
7. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (9)
8. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (7)
9. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (10)
10. Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) (12)
11. Collège Français de Longueuil (LJHAAAQ) (8)
12. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (11)
13. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (15)
14. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (HM)
15. Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL) (HM)
16. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (13)
17. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (14)
18. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (17)
19. Edmundston Blizzard (MHL) (18)
20. Navan Grads (CCHL) (20)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL); Blind River Beavers (NOJHL); Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL); Wellington Dukes (OJHL); Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The CJHL Top 20 Rankings were compiled during the course of the regular season by an independent scouting service and were determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 118 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For the latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/