The Brooks Bandits are proud to announce that 1993 born Forward Patrick Chore has committed to play at Wilfrid Laurier University. Located in Waterloo, ON the “Golden Hawks” play in the OUA West Division under Head Coach Greg Puhalski. Coach Puhalski was the OUA West Coach of the Year in 2013, that season the Golden Hawks held a record of 14-12-2.
Patrick is from Kelowna, BC and spent time in BCHL, OJHL and AJHL while pursuing his University commitment. He started his junior career with the Prince George Spruce Kings followed by the Oakville Blades, where he had his best offensive season with 37 goals and 26 assists for 63 points. In his last season Chore joined the Bandits via trade and was a sound contributor in many areas. Over the course of the season he chipped in with 7 goals and 9 assists for 16 points while putting up 5 goals in 9 playoff games.
Bandits Head Coach/GM Ryan Papaioannou, “Patrick is the type of player that our team needed this season. He brought a positive outlook to our dressing room with every situation he was faced with and had a tremendous work ethic. As the season went on he started to find his offensive game and was a key player down the stretch and into the playoffs. All year he killed big penalties and was selfless in his approach to the game. He will do well on and off the ice at Laurier and I wish him the best of luck.”
The Bandits Organization would like to congratulate Patrick and his family on his athletic and academic future.
Patrick is the 13th Bandit from the 2013-2014 team committed to play University hockey joining:
• Patrick Lee (University of Massachusetts)
• Maddison Smiley (University of Massachusetts)
• Anthony Paskaruk (Clarkson University)
• Anthony Petruzzelli (University of Vermont)
• Jake Larson (University of Alaska Anchorage)
• Braxton Bilous (Merrimack College)
• Shane Bear (University of Massachusetts)
• Kyler Nachtigall (University of Massachusetts)
• Dylan Plitt (University of Vermont)
• Austin Plevy (Merrimack College)
• Eric Chevrier (Queen’s University)
• Nick McCormack (University of Minnesota Duluth)