CALGARY, Alberta – A tough loss over the weekend by the Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL), and incredible run by the Penticton Vees of the BCHL as well as the defending RBC Cup Champions Portage Terriers of the MJHL, have shaken up this week’s Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Weekly Rankings.
The BCHL’s Penticton Vees, who are on an incredible 18-game winning streak, are beginning to distance themselves atop the Interior Division. However, the West Kelowna Warriors have a nice four-game winning streak of their own going.
The AJHL’s Lloydminster Bobcats have surged ahead of the Spruce Grove Saints in the Viterra North Division with a strong 10-game winning streak, while the always powerful Brooks Bandits have found their game, and have enter the rankings for the first time this season.
The Melfort Mustangs had a tremendous week and have overtaken the Battlefords North Stars in the SJHL standings, while the Portage Terriers and Winkler Flyers continue to be the cream of the crop in the MJHL.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the SIJHL continue their hold on first place while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos and the Cochrane Crunch continue to be leaders in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks had a tough week, while the Kingston Voyageurs, and Georgetown Raiders are being closely pursued by at least five other teams on the OJHL.
The Carleton Place Canadians remain on top of the standings in the CCHL, but now see the fast charging Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators making some inroads on both them and the Smiths Falls Bears.
There is a tough battle going on in the QJHL between the College Francais de Longueuil, and the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe for top spot in that league, while the Woodstock Slammers have slipped ahead of the Dieppe Commandos and Summerside Western Capitals in a very even and well balanced MHL.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
2. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
3. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (6)
4. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (1)
5. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (9)
6. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
7. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (11)
8. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
9. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (8)
10. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (13)
11. College Francais de Longueuil (QJHL) (16)
12. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (14)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (10)
14. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (NR)
15. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (HM)
16. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (19)
17. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (20)
18. Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL) (7)
19. Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL) (HM)
20. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (HM)
Honourable Mention: West Kelowna Warriors (BCHL), Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL), Summerside Western Capitals (MHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.