CALGARY, Alberta – With the holiday break underway, or nearly underway for all ten leagues in the CJHL, a huge congratulations goes out to Canada West, who took home the gold medal over Team Russia at the 2015 World Junior ‘A Challenge. As well, another huge pat on the back goes out to the Coburg and Whitby organizing committees, all their volunteers and OJHL for hosting a wonderful event.
In the BCHL, the Penticton Vees had another small hiccup this past week and they will look to rebound in the New Year when their top players return from the Canada West roster.
In the AJHL, the Brooks Bandits have extended their winning streak to nine games, and have moved closer to the overall standings leader – the Spruce Grove Saints.
The Melfort Mustangs remain in a tight battle for top spot overall in the SJHL with the Battlefords North Stars. The Portage Terriers remain at the top of the MJHL, but find the Winkler Flyers and the Steinbach Pistons breathing down their necks in the overall MJHL standings.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the SIJHL continue their strong grip on first place, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos, and the Cochrane Crunch are continuing to dominate in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks are still running away from the rest of the OJHL, while the Ottawa Jr. ’A’ Senators have zoomed back into second place overall behind the Carleton Place Canadians in the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil of the QJHL have slipped ahead of the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe, while the Summerside Western Capitals continue to hold onto top spot in the overall standings in the extremely competitive Maritime Hockey League.
On behalf of the CJHL and the Pointstreak Top 20 Weekly Rankings, we extend our best wishes to all the players and their families, our teams and their fans, for a wonderful and safe holiday season. The rankings will return on January 4, 2016.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (3)
3. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
4. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
5. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (5)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (12)
8. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (7)
9. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (8)
10. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (14)
11. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (10)
12. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (17)
13. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (13)
14. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (9)
15. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (11)
16. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (16)
17. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (NR)
18. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (19)
19. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (20)
20. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (15)
Honourable Mention: Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL), Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL), Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.