The Camrose Kodiaks are pleased to announce that former Camrose Kodiak forward Luke Challier has committed to attend Manhattanville College, which plays in the ECAC conference of the NCAA, for the 2011-12 season.
Challier played for the Kodiaks for a portion of the 2009-10 season, where he recorded 4 goals and 8 assists for 12 points, in 13 regular season games. Challier played for the Kodiaks through the entire 2010-11 hockey season; and finished the season with 23 goals and 30 assists, for 53 points in the 53 regular season games he played. He added 5 goals and 6 assists, for 11 points in 20 games during the 2011 AJHL playoffs.
The Kodiaks organization would like to congratulate Luke Challier and his family. We know that Luke’s skill and determination have certainly paid off for him, and we wish him continued success in his future academic and athletic pursuits.
With the inclusion of this scholarship, the Camrose Kodiaks now have 14 players from the 2010-11 roster who have received a scholarship to a post-secondary institution.
- Ben Gallacher – Ohio State – NCAA
- Brooks Myers – Mount Royal University – ACAC
- Clayton Jardine – Merrimack – NCAA
- Cole Wilson – University of British Columbia – CIS
- Dalyn Flette – Mount Royal University – ACAC
- John Lidgett – Colgate – NCAA
- Jonathan Lashyn – Merrimack – NCAA
- Kenny Bradley – University of Alberta – Augustana Campus – ACAC
- Luke Challier – Manhattanville College – NCAA
- Nolan Kaiser – Alaska Fairbanks – NCAA
- Sam Jardine – Ohio State – NCAA
- Tanner Dion – University of Wisconsin Superior – NCAA
- Tyler Jewitt – Mount Royal University – ACAC
- Tyler Skauge – University of Lethbridge – CIS