AJHL alumni Corban Knight and Taylor Fedun are candidates for the 2013-2014 AHL Man of the Year Award. The two were each selected as the team winners of the IOA / American Specialty AHL Man of the Year award, chosen by their respective clubs in recognition of outstanding contributions to the local community and charitable organizations during the 2013 – 2014 season.
From the list of the thirty team award winners in the American Hockey League (AHL), the AHL will choose the winner of the Yanick Dupre Memorial Award. The AHL’s annual Man of the Year award is named after the late Yanick Dupre, who died in 1997 at the age of 24, following a 16-month battle with leukemia. Dupre, an AHL All-Star in 1995, played four seasons with the Hershey Bears and also skated 35 NHL games with the Philadelphia Flyers.
The following is the list of CJHL alumni honoured as the team winners of the IOA / American Specialty AHL Man of the Year awards:
- Corban Knight, Abbotsford – Okotoks, AJHL
- Taylor Fedun, Oklahoma City – Fort Saskatchewan, AJHL
- Kyle Hagel, Portland – Hamilton, OJHL
- Mike Moore, Providence – Surrey Eagles, BCHL
- Andrew Joudrey, Springfield – Notre Dame, SJHL
- Brandon Defazio, Utica – Oakville, OJHL
- Matt Marquardt, Charlotte – Huntsville, OJHL
- Mat Clarke, Norfolk – Brampton, OJHL
“I want to congratulate our CJHL alumni playing in the AHL for this terrific achievement honouring their off ice activities in the communities they all play in,” said CJHL Executive Director Rick Morocco. “What an amazing example to emulate for all the players playing the CJHL today.”