The 15-0 Thief River Falls Norskies (SIJHL) are rolling while the Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) have won 14 straight and the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) are 12-1-1 to set the Top 3 in the latest Canadian Junior Hockey League rankings as of Nov. 6.
MHL: A trio of MHL sides earned recognition in the rankings this week with the Edmundston Blizzard tabbed 12th followed by the Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners at 13 and the South Shore Lumberjacks securing honourable mention.
LHJAAAQ: Continuing to pace the LHJAAAQ are les Cobras de Terrebonne and College Français de Longueuil with 34 and 32 points respectively.
CCHL: The surging Carleton Place Canadians have won 14 straight and are now No. 2 in the CJHL. Meanwhile the Fred Page Cup-host Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators are slotted in at No. 14.
OJHL: The Toronto Patriots (9), Georgetown Raiders (16) and Wellington Dukes (20) crack the rankings from the OJHL while the Oakville Blades is honourable mention.
NOJHL: The NOJHL-leading Powassan Voodoos are listed 7th in the CJHL this week while the Rayside-Balfour Canadians are back with another honourable mention.
SIJHL: The Norskies earned three road wins over the weekend, including a hard-fought triumph over the Dudley-Hewitt Cup host Dryden GM Ice Dogs (10) Sunday.
MJHL: At 15-3 the Steinbach Pistons have jumped to No. 6 in the CJHL while the 14-4 Winkler Flyers are No. 17 as the two MJHL sides are tops in win percentage there.
SJHL: Joining No. 3 Battlefords from the SJHL in the weekly listings is the 12-4-2 Weyburn Red Wings who picked up Honourable Mention status.
AJHL: The Okotoks Oilers (5) and Fort McMurray Oil Barons (8) remain in the CJHL Top 10, Whitecourt (19) joins the list, and the Brooks Bandits picked up honourable mention once again.
BCHL: The Trail Smoke Eaters (16-4-1) and Vernon Vipers (14-4-3) represent the BCHL in the weekly rankings as they are slotted 15th and 18th respectively across the 132-team CJHL.
CJHL 2017-18 TOP 20 (As of Nov. 6/17)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST RANKING)
1. Thief River Falls Norskies (SIJHL) (1)
2. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (4)
3. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (2)
4. Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (5)
5. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (3)
6. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (10)
7. Powassan VooDoos (NOJHL) (6)
8. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (7)
9. Toronto Patriots (OJHL) (9)
10. Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (12)
11. College Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (13)
12. Edmundston Blizzard (MHL) (20)
13. Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL) (8)
14. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (11)
15. Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL) (NR)
16. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (14)
17. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (15)
18. Vernon Vipers (BCHL) (HM)
19. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (NR)
20. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (HM)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Brooks Bandits (AJHL); Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL); Rayside-Balfour Canadians (NOJHL); Oakville Blades (OJHL); South Shore Lumberjacks (MHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL RANKINGS: Selected by an independent scouting service, the rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including winning percentage; win-loss record; point totals; goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc., and the league they compete in.