CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced its latest installment of its Top 20 Rankings Monday and for a sixth consecutive week, the Brooks Bandits (AJHL), hold down the No. 1 slot.
Cruising along with an AJHL-best record of 29-1-1-0, the Bandits have built-up a nine-point lead atop the 16-team overall standings in Alberta.
Maintaining their hold as the No. 2-rated club in the listings are the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL).
The Maritime Hockey League frontrunners have gone 9-1 in their past 10 outings and boast a winning percentage of .886 while having gone 19-2-0-1 to date.
Tabbed No. 3 for another week in the listings, which are compiled by an independent scouting source, are the Panthères de St-Jérà´me (LHJAAAQ).
They sport a 22-3-0-1 mark in Quebec to pace the leaderboard in the 12-team loop.
Sliding up to No. 4 nationally are the Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL).
Trenton currently sits with a record of 19-4-0-2 with their 40 points leading the entire Ontario Junior Hockey League.
Another Quebec AAA Junior Hockey League club, in Collège Franà§ais de Longueuil, rounds out the Top 5, having posted 20-3-1-0 numbers entering play this week.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention teams, as of December 6:
CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS (As of Dec. 6)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (Previous ranking)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (2)
3. Panthères de St-Jérà´me (LHJAAAQ) (3)
4. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (8)
5. Collège Franà§ais de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (9)
6. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (5)
7. Kam River Fighting Walleye (SIJHL) (10)
8. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (11)
9. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (7)
10. Estevan Bruins (SJHL) (13)
11. Red Lake Miners (SIJHL) (15)
12. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (12)
13. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (NR)
14. Dauphin Kings (MJHL) (6)
15. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (4)
16. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (16)
17. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (HM)
18. Pickering Panthers (OJHL) (HM)
19. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (HM)
20. Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (14)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL); Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL); Burlington Cougars (OJHL); North York Rangers (OJHL); Renfrew Wolves (CCHL).
ABOUT THE RANKINGS: The weekly CJHL Top 20 Rankings are compiled during the seasons by an independent scouting service and are determined using a variety of factors during the process.
ABOUT THE CJHL: The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of nine Junior A leagues from Alberta to the Maritimes. The CJHL currently represents 115 teams and well over 2,500 players. There are also 3,000-plus CJHL alumni furthering their hockey careers at the NHL, AHL, ECHL, SPHL, NCAA, U SPORTS and CHL levels across North America as well as leagues across Europe. For latest CJHL news and features, visit cjhlhockey.com and follow-on social media at @cjhlhockey & facebook.com/canadianjuniorhockeyleague.