BROOKS, AB ? The Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) are proud to announce 1999-born forward Trey Thomas has committed to attend and play for Plattsburgh State for the 2020-21 season.
The Williams Lake, BC product played his final year of junior hockey in Brooks, and was 6th in team scoring during the 2019-20 campaign with 52 points (18G, 34A) in 57 games. Overall, Thomas was among the Top 30 in league scoring and assists.
An alumnus of the Cariboo U18 AAA Cougars, Thomas spent one year with the Salmon Arm Silverbacks of the BCHL before landing in Bonnyville where he put up 45 points (18G, 27A) in 48 games with the Pontiacs during the 2018-19 season. During the off-season, he was traded to Brooks.
Located in Plattsburgh, NY, the Cardinals compete in the NCAA Division III State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) under head coach Steve Moffat.
Thomas is the 16th Bandit from the 2019-20 roster to be committed to an NCAA school, joining:
- Tyler Bates (Colorado College)
- Corson Ceulemans (Wisconsin)
- Tim Rego (Cornell)
- Brayden Krieger (Bowling Green)
- Ryan McAllister (Western Michigan)
- Chris Pappas (St. Lawrence)
- Phip Waugh (Vermont)
- Jakob Lee (Merrimack)
- Randy Hernández (Robert Morris)
- David Paluch (Vermont)
- James McIsaac (RPI)
- Taylor Makar (UMass)
- Greg Japchen (Nebraska-Omaha)
- Pierce Charleson (Michigan State)
- Jordan Di Cicco (Long Island)