CALGARY, Alberta – With the regular seasons for all ten leagues in the CJHL now well underway, only three teams remain unbeaten in the nation; the Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL), the Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL), and the Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL).
The Penticton Vees have moved into first place overall in the tough Interior Division of the BCHL, while the Wenatchee Wild stumbled ever so slightly and the Powell River Kings have settled into a nice winning streak.
The AJHL just wrapped its Showcase Weekend and the powerful Spruce Grove Saints have reeled off ten victories in a row to start the season, and remain ahead of the Camrose Kodiaks and Lloydminster Bobcats in first place.
The SJHL has also completed its Showcase Weekend, and the Melfort Mustangs and Nipawin Hawks are rolling along early in the season. The Portage Terriers and Winkler Flyers are keeping pace with them in the MJHL.
The Fort Frances Lakers and the Dryden Ice Dogs are also off and running in the SIJHL with very strong starts, while the Powassan Voodoos and their unbeaten streak are leading the way in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks lead the nation in victories with eleven against no losses, while the Georgetown Raiders and Markham Royals are leading their respective divisions in the OJHL.
The Carleton Place Canadians and Smiths Falls Bears have had great early starts in the CCHL while the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe remain atop the overall standings in the QJHL.
In the MHL, the Dieppe Commandos are being closely pursued by the Summerside Western Capitals in actual regulation wins, but it is the Woodstock Slammers who are in first place overall.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
2. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (1)
3. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (11)
4. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (13)
5. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (12)
6. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (17)
7. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (5)
8. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (NR)
9. Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (6)
10. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (18)
11. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (9)
12. Nipawin Hawks (SJHL) (7)
13. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (NR)
14. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (2)
15. Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) (4)
16. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (8)
17. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (HM)
18. Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL) (HM)
19. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (NR)
20. Powell River Kings (BCHL) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Dryden Ice Dogs (SIJHL), Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL), Markham Royals (OJHL), Mustangs de Vaudreuil-Dorion (QJHL), Summerside Western Capitals (MHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.