CALGARY, Alberta – The Penticton Vees of the BCHL dropped their first game after 23 consecutive wins following a 4-2 loss Friday night to the Langley Rivermen, but they promptly found the win column again the next evening with a big 8-2 win over the Coquitlam Express.
The Spruce Grove Saints and Lloydminster Bobcats have some room atop the overall standings in the AJHL, but now see persistence and strong play help the Whitecourt Wolverines and the Sherwood Park Crusaders close the gap as they both enter the Top 20 Rankings.
The Battlefords North Stars and the Melfort Mustangs continue to dominate the SJHL, while the Portage Terriers and Winkler Flyers remain the cream in the crop in the MJHL.
The Fort Frances Lakers of the Superior International Junior Hockey League continue their stranglehold on first place, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos, and Cochrane Crunch continue to dominate the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks are comfortable in their first place position overall in the OJHL, while the Kingston Voyageurs are staying close in second.
The Carleton Place Canadians are on top of the Robinson Division, while the Cumberland Grads have snuck past the Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators atop of the Yzerman Division standings in the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil, and the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe remain in a dogfight for the top spot in the QJHL, while the Summerside Western Capitals continue to roll along in first place overall in the MHL standings.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (5)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (2)
4. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (4)
5. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (3)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (8)
8. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (9)
9. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (7)
10. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (11)
11. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (12)
12. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (17)
13. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (14)
14. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (10)
15. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (13)
16. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (NR)
17. Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL) (18)
18. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (19)
19. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (15)
20. Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Brooks Bandits (AJHL), Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Brockville Braves (CCHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
About the CJHL – The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada. The CJHL represents 131 teams and 3,000 players and has over 2,900 former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America. For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.