Calgary, AB – The Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) is proud to introduce the 2021 Inter Pipeline AJHL All-Academic Team, which honours players who demonstrate the qualities of an exceptional student-athlete working to further their athletic and academic pursuit.
The 2021 Inter Pipeline AJHL All-Academic Team recognizes players regarded as having commendable dedication to their studies at either the high school or post-secondary level, along with a grade score reflective of their academic success.
“These young athletes are aspiring towards excellence in all aspects of their lives as they chase their dreams on and off the ice, and this is a long-standing relationship that Inter Pipeline is proud to support,” says Anita Dusevic-Oliva, Senior Vice President, Corporate Services at Inter Pipeline. “This scholarship program is an important part of Inter Pipeline’s commitment to the communities where we live, work and operate.”
2021 Inter Pipeline AJHL All-Academic Team
- Bonnyville Pontiacs – Jaden York
- Brooks Bandits – Heath Armstrong
- Calgary Canucks – Adam Dmyterko
- Camrose Kodiaks – Blake Kondor
- Canmore Eagles – Sam McPeak
- Drayton Valley Thunder – Dexton Mozell
- Drumheller Dragons – Myles Hilman
- Fort McMurray Oil Barons – Brendan Wang
- Grande Prairie Storm – Ian Devlin
- Lloydminster Bobcats – Jayven Leslie
- Okotoks Oilers – Brady Parker
- Olds Grizzlys – Hoon Kim
- Sherwood Park Crusaders – Mathew Shatsky
- Spruce Grove Saints – Logan Acheson
- Whitecourt Wolverines – Tyler Mahan
As part of a long-standing partnership with the AJHL, Inter Pipeline also offers a scholarship program to provide one current or former AJHL Athlete with a $1,500 scholarship towards their post-secondary education. The scholarship is awarded to the player deemed most deserving among the applicants (one per AJHL team) based on their proven qualities in the areas of leadership, sportsmanship, dedication and citizenship.
The Alberta Junior Hockey League continues to be a premier developmental League for student-athletes striving to capitalize on their athletic and academic abilities. Over 300 AJHL alumni compete on College and University teams across North America each season and are successful leaders at the post-secondary level.