CALGARY, Alberta – As the playoffs draw nearer and nearer, the top teams in the ten CJHL leagues are locking up their respective regular season championships.
The Penticton Vees of the BCHL have clinched the BCHL regular season banner with their extended winning streak, and are serving notice that they intend to earn a trip to Lloydminster in early May to compete for the RBC Cup.
In the AJHL, Brooks Bandits and Spruce Grove Saints are in a virtual dead heat for top spot overall in Alberta while the Whitecourt Wolverines, Lloydminster Bobcats, and Bonnyville Pontiacs continue to push hard in what may be the most competitive division in the entire CJHL – the AJHL’s Viterra North Division.
The Battlefords North Stars of the SJHL are still pulling away from the Melfort Mustangs, while the Portage Terriers, with their current 15-game winning streak, remain at the top of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, as the Steinbach Pistons and the Winkler Flyers continue to gain some ground.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the SIJHL have secured their place at the top of the standings, while the Soo Thunderbirds, Powassan Voodoos, Cochrane Crunch and Kirkland Lake Gold Miners remain at the top of the pack in the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks remain the cream of the crop in the OJHL, and the Kingston Voyageurs as well as the Georgetown Raiders continue their winning ways.
Meanwhile, the Carleton Place Canadians of the CCHL have slipped ahead of the Ottawa Jr. ’A’ Senators for top spot overall.
The College Francais de Longueuil of the QJHL have been overtaken by the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe, while the Woodstock Slammers still hold onto the top spot in the overall standings in the Maritime Hockey League.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (2)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (3)
4. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (4)
5. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (6)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (5)
7. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (7)
8. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
9. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (8)
10. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (11)
11. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (10)
12. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (12)
13. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (13)
14. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (14)
15. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (16)
16. Les Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL) (19)
17. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (18)
18. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (17)
19. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (15)
20. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Bonnyville Pontiacs (AJHL), Melfort Mustangs (SJHL), Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.