CALGARY, Alberta – The Penticton Vees saw their unbeaten streak hit the 22-game mark with another strong weekend in the BCHL. Meanwhile, the Chilliwack Chiefs joined the Top 20 this week as their nine-game winning streak has propelled the Chiefs to the top of the BCHL’s Mainland Division.
In Alberta, the Spruce Grove Saints and Lloydminster Bobcats are starting to create some room atop the overall standings in the AJHL, while several teams, including the Brooks Bandits, the Whitecourt Wolverines and Camrose Kodiaks are within three points of third place overall.
The Battlefords North Stars and the Melfort Mustangs are starting to dominate the SJHL, while the Portage Terriers and Winkler Flyers continue to run away from the rest of the MJHL.
The Fort Frances Lakers in the Superior International Junior Hockey League continue their strong grip on first place, while the Soo Thunderbirds – who slipped ever so slightly this past week – the Powassan Voodoos, Cochrane Crunch all continue to dominate the NOJHL.
The Trenton Golden Hawks are rolling again and have strengthened their stranglehold on first place overall in the OJHL, while the Kingston Voyageurs are staying close in second place.
The Carleton Place Canadians and the Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators also had small slips this past week, but remain on top of the overall standings in the CCHL, while the Smith Falls Bears and the Brockville Braves have found their game as of late and are making a charge up the standings.
The College Francais de Longueuil, and the Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe are in a dogfight for the top spot in the QJHL, while the Summerside Western Capitals continue to have the most overall wins in regulation in an extremely even and well balanced MHL.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (1)
2. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (3)
3. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (4)
4. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (5)
5. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (2)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (7)
7. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (8)
8. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (9)
9. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (6)
10. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (11)
11. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (13)
12. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (15)
13. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (17)
14. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (10)
15. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (NR)
16. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (20)
17. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (16)
18. Salmon Arm Silverbacks (BCHL) (NR)
19. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (18)
20. Montagnards de Sainte-Agathe (QJHL) (19)
Honourable Mention: Brooks Bandits (AJHL), Steinbach Pistons (MJHL), Smith Falls Bears (CCHL), Brockville Braves (CCHL), Woodstock Slammers (MHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.