Drumheller Dragons Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager
The Drumheller Dragons Jr A Hockey Club invite applicants for the position of Certified Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager. As a member of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL), the Drumheller Dragons have established a community driven, non- profit hockey club focused on the development of athletes both on and off the ice; instilling in them the life skills of teamwork, commitment, and discipline to help further their educational and athletic goals.
Under the supervision of the Drumheller Dragon’s Head Coach and General Manager, this position will assist in the prevention, assessment and treatment of injuries, coordination and maintenance of equipment, and athletic performance training for the Drumheller Dragons Hockey team.
- Provide injury evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for team; developing a specific return to play plan for each injury
- Coordinate with physicians/medical personnel on care of players
- Maintaining all medical records pertaining to treatment required and coordination of medical insurance claims
- Providing medical coverage at all practice sessions, games home and away
- Communicating with and directing team medical staff, coaching staff and management on all matters related to player injuries and illnesses
- Team travel for all away games and other related trips as required
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room, locker rooms, and other sites as designated
- Skate sharpening, equipment repair, equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
- Oversee Game-Day interns who will assist in all set-up and clean-up
- Assist with the development of a working budget for the following season based on end of season inventory
- Establish contacts within the league to become familiar with arena regulations and set up, and begin to “network” with equipment manufactures reps and vendors
- Assist the Coaching Staff with team & player development as required, including yearly planning, skill sessions and player meetings
- Develop and maintain an Emergency Action Plan to be distributed to all teams competing in Drumheller.
- Assist with planning and running Drumheller Dragons Annual Hockey School.
- First Responder training
- First Aid
- Certified Athletic Therapist (CATA)
- Criminal Record Check
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Enthusiasm, knowledge, and commitment to the sport
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Previous administrative support experience is essential
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
Remuneration: Position starting August 1, 2021. The selected candidate is expected to maintain some office hours in addition to scheduled team time (training, practice & games). Salary is dependent on education, experience, and availability.
Send cover letter & resume to:
Head Coach Drumheller Dragons Jr A Hockey Club
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected Application Deadline August 1, 2021