The Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) are seeking an individual to serve as the teams Athletic Trainer/Equipment Manager/Strength Coach.
The successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized and willing to work closely with the Team Coaching and Medical Staff to serve the players’ needs. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with personal initiative and a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team on all road games.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
• Attend all games, practices and work outs
• Management/Recording and repair of players’ equipment (sticks, gloves, pants, helmets, jerseys)
• Game day setup of dressing room and team equipment?
• Skate sharpening and daily laundry?
• Working closely with local medical personnel to attend too and assess player injuries, rehabilitation and documentation (As per Hockey Canada Requirements and Standards)
• Injury prevention and physical preparation
• Communication of injuries to coaching staff and appropriate medical personnel
• Maintaining an inventory of both hockey and medical supplies within a budget
• Run a high quality strength and conditioning program as approved by the Coaching Staff
Interested applicants are asked to outline their qualifications. Certified Athletic Therapist or related program and previous hockey team experience would be an asset. Strength and conditioning certification or training is a must. This position requires non-standard hours. Salary will be based on experience and certification. Closing date for applications is June 1, 2015. This position is seasonal with a start date of August 3, 2015.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume by email to:
* We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact if we can offer an interview.