?CALGARY, Alberta – The Portage Terriers of the MJHL continue to be the country’s top team with an astounding 42-2-2 record and a .935 winning percentage. This past week saw several impressive winning streaks extended. The Spruce Grove Saints of the AJHL have twelve wins in a row, while the Fort Frances Lakers of the SIJHL, and the Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) each have fashioned ten-game winning streaks.
The Penticton Vees are still on top of the Interior Division in the BCHL, but are being chased by the Vernon Vipers. The Merritt Centennials have re-discovered their mojo and posted victories this past week over the Vees and the Nanaimo Clippers. Meanwhile in Alberta, the Saints have a massive 21-point lead in the Viterra AJHL North Division, while the Camrose Kodiaks and Brooks Bandits are in a dogfight for the South Division’s lead.
The Melfort Mustangs and the Kindersley Klippers have emerged as the powers in the SJHL, while in the MJHL, the Steinbach Pistons and the Winnipeg Blues are battling for second place overall. The Fort Frances Lakers have a firm grip on the SIJHL standings, while the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League has the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners virtually deadlocked with the Soo Thunderbirds for first place, with the Gold Miners having one more regulation victory than the Thunderbirds.
By virtue of their long winning streak, the Trenton Golden Hawks are now on top of the overall standings in the OJHL, just a single point ahead of the Aurora Tigers. The Carleton Place Canadians stumbled slightly this past week, and the Pembroke Lumber Kings enter the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 representing the CCHL.
The College Francais de Longueuil has moved atop the standings in the LHJQ, just ahead of the Cougars de Sherbrooke. The Woodstock Slammers remain at the top of the standings in the MHL, while the Pictou County Weeks Crushers stay in the rankings as an Honourable Mention.
Top 20 Rankings
1. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
2. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (2)
3. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (5)
4. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
5. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (4)
6. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (6)
7. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (16)
8. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (6)
9. Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (8)
10. Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (10)
11. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (12)
12. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (11)
13. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (13)
14. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (14)
15. Georgetown Raiders (OJHL) (9)
16. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (17)
17. Vernon Vipers (BCHL) (19)
18. Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (15)
19. Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (HM)
20. Le College Francais de Longueuil (LHJQ) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Merritt Centennials (BCHL), Steinbach Pistons (MJHL), Cobourg Cougars (OJHL), Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJQ), Pictou County Weeks Crushers (MHL).
About the Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 Rankings – The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.