The Spruce Grove Saints are proud to announce that both Isaac Farrah and Macklin Pichonsky will be joining the defending ACAC champion Nait Ooks for the 2016-17 hockey season!
Leaders both on and off of the ice, Isaac and Macklin helped contribute to the Saints winning culture and were three-year players here with the Saints, helping to lead the Saints to the AJHL finals in three consecutive years, while winning the AJHL championship twice!
The 2016 Nait recruiting class sees 6 former Saints join the Ooks as Isaac and Macklin join former Spruce Grove Saints Tyler Kunz (Lloydminster Bobcats), Devon McAndrews (Sherwood Park Crusaders), Brett Zarowny (Drayton Valley Thunder) and Nathan Park (Portage Terriers). Add to the equation that the Ooks currently have five former Saints players who are eligible to return for next season in: Brenden Jensen, Connor Hoekstra, Charles Wells, Corey Chorneyko and Kenny Cameron!
The Saints organization would like to congratulate Isaac, Macklin and their families on this next step in both of their careers, and wish they continued success moving forward both athletically and academically.
Macklin and Isaac were the 10th and 11th players to commit to post secondary this season, breaking the Saints single season record of player commitments to post secondary institutions:
- Issac Farrah (NAIT)
- Macklin Pichonsky (NAIT)
- Scott Ferguson (Red Deer College)
- Austin Hunter (Red Deer College)
- Riley Simpson (Arizona State University)
- Ian Mitchell (University of Denver)
- Matt Murray (University of Massachusetts)
- Tyler Busch (Arizona State University)
- Connor James (University of Alabama-Huntsville)
- Brandon Biro (Penn State University)
- Colton Leiter (University of Alaska-Fairbanks)